- America has always known its wilderness spaces were its greatest assets. While Europe had grand cathedrals and Asia had ancient architecture, America’s greatness was best expressed by spacious skies, amber waves of grain, purple mountain majesties, fruited plains, and shining seas.
- Hot dogs taste best over a campfire.
- Who needs fireworks when you have naturally psychedelic sunsets and shooting stars?
- When you visit and support a wilderness space, you are honoring some of America’s greatest heroes and champions of public lands from Thomas Jefferson to Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt to John F. Kennedy.
- July is HOT and wild streams are cold.
- You are supporting American jobs. According to the Outdoor Industry Association, the outdoor recreation economy supports 6.1 million jobs.
- You are embodying the pioneer spirit that built this country and shaped our values.
- Because our National Park System truly is America’s Best Idea, as Ken Burns so aptly reminds us.
- Watching a parade through town is nice. Experiencing a parade of natural wonders is sublime.
- You might just spot a bald eagle in its natural habitat, our national bird, national emblem, and the proud symbol of America's strength of character and freedom of spirit.
For information about finding wilderness spaces near you, good places to start are the National Park Service, the Bureau of Land Management, or the Wilderness Society. GO WILD!
If you've enjoyed any of the content you've found here, please join me on my social media platforms. This helps support the site. THANKS!